Saturday, March 21, 2009

Five Minutes

Five Minutes....
The sun has nearly completed its journey across the sky.  The limbs of the tress which wait in anticipation to be clothed once again in the splendor of green are now bathed in the golden glow that only evening sunlight brings.  Cold gives way to warmth; melancholy to the first tender sprouts of hope; introspection to a renewed interest in the world reborn.  
Three Minutes....
I tilled up a plot of land today to ready it for three types of potatoes. What a miracle those dirty, fleshy, odd shaped things are.  You take a single potato, cut it up such that each piece has two eyes, bury them in the earth, and you are rewarded with a dozen or more potatoes for each piece.  For me it is an almost religious experience.  Crazy?  Think about it.  It is nothing short of miraculous.  A precious gift.
One Minute....
And so I am down to one minute.  In this minute I want to express my gratitude for all that I have.  For health.  For family.  And even for the miraculous potato.  

And now my five minutes are gone..........

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the great writing. I really like this entry and the entry below. I keep coming back for more. Have a good one. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rick and Chrissy. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete